Here is brief an overview of the “Power of Eight” style of intention healing group meditation according to the research of Lynne McTaggart.
- Participants agree on an intention statement before the meditation. This intention statement is then focused on and repeated like a mantra for the duration of the exercise by each participants.
- There is a certain art to crafting the best intention statement. It should be specific but not too specific, not too wordy, etc. Many people believe the more grandiose, the better.
- Participants listen to this Choku Rei meditation track for 10 minutes. This video ends at 10 minutes and has a counter. (Here is a link to the full 15 min track.)
- If the meditation is being coordinated in a chatroom, it is best if everyone states they are “ready” before someone leads the countdown. “3, 2, 1, go.” Participants usually say “back” when they have completed the 10 minutes.
- Participants are encouraged to share their experiences in detail – if they wish. Remarkable synchronicities can often be discovered between participants visions, impressions, etc.
Here is a brief video of Lynne McTaggart explaining her method.
Here is a more in-depth discussion between Lynne McTaggart and Gordon White of the RuneSoup podcast discussing her research. Highly recommended listening.